Only one month until we touch down in Pakistan, I cannot believe how fast the time is going. Fortunately I've managed to stay pretty busy, being unemployed, with appointments here and there for all sorts of things. We've been running around like mad trying to get everything sorted before leaving. There have been countless doctors visits, vaccines, dentists, meetings with the people who do the move, paperwork for loans, visas, passports, credit cards, and calling all different places to make sure that we have everything cancelled and all the addresses changed. It's just nonstop. Today a man came over who works for the housing organization on the base, to do an inspection and make sure we didn't destroy the place. Then on Monday a guy is coming in to estimate how much stuff we are shipping with us, and how many boxes he will need, as the military pays someone to pack it all for us. That is a huge bonus and such a weight off my shoulders. The only thing I need to do is create an excel spreadsheet of everything we own, including value and serial numbers, if need be. And since our spare bedroom is now emtpy, I've started putting everything that we're shipping with us in there, to make it easier on the movers.
This whole process is just so exhausting and I just can't wait until it's all over and we're finally there!
I've just returned from a quick trip to Oshawa. It was nice to see everyone, as usual, and even managed to have a going away party at Rod's parents place. We weren't sure if we would have time for one the next time we come down, but it looks like we will, so we planned a little get together for some of our friends to come over for drinks. It was a great time and I hope we're able to do it once more.
Unfortunately, I had to leave my animals with my in-laws when we left. I looked into it, and it would cost $10,000 just to ship Mya, my 80lb German Shepherd. The two cats, Fawkes and Cougar, probably wouldn't be so much but Cougar's getting old and I don't know if he'd make it on a 20 hour flight, and I want to keep them together anyway. I am devastated, to say the least. It was so weird coming home, opening the front door and not being greeted with kisses and meows. Broke my heart.
As it stands right now, and unless something goes terribly wrong, we will be back in Oshawa the last weekend of June. So those of you who live out of town, if you're able to make it down to see me, that'd be awesome. Because who knows when you'll get another chance. After Pakistan, we're hoping to be posted to British Columbia so it could be quite some time before I see anyone again.
Anyway, you've all been warned so if I see ya, I see ya.
No comments:
Post a Comment