Well, we're back from our first trip together! Boston was amazing, however it is a long drive (about 7 or 8 hours including stops) and I am quite happy to be back in the comfort of my own home.
The days were jam packed full of things to do, and I am completely exhausted now. Every day we woke up early and did a ton of walking, my legs are incredibly sore but it was all worth it. We went on a ghost tour, we saw the Blue Man Group which was amazing and way better than I expected, we went to the New England Aquarium, we did some shopping, we ate a lot of delicious food, did a day trip to Cape Cod, swam in the ocean, saw wild seals, and just had the best time together. We laughed, we bonded, it really was perfection.
Downside to Boston? The driving! Oh my word, it is insane. It's almost like it's a free for all and people just drive where ever the heck they want. Fortunately for us, the B&B was close to the "T" or subway, and the couple who stayed there before us left their 7 day passes, which was rather nice of them. Free, and convenient!
It's so strange, going to America. The last time I was there I was 13 and I forgot just how different we are. Thank god for Roderick's car which is able to switch into miles, that helped us avoid speeding. Not only that, but they have cigarettes on display in the stores, lottery tickets by the thousands on the wall, the food, the prices, just the way of life. I guess I thought we'd be more alike than we are. But no.



No comments:
Post a Comment