Saturday, 9 June 2012

My deepest fear

The other night Roderick started to watch a documentary on Doomsday. Apparently on December 21, 2012, the earth, sun and a black hole in the milky way are all meant to be in alignment. This could cause a shift of the poles, which would cause devastation throughout the world. The Mayans were very accurate in everything that was in their calendar, and I can't help but be scared that this will happen. The film also said that this has happened before, some 25,000 years ago. Not to mention, in the Muslim faith the end of the world is on a Friday. December 21, 2012 just so happens to fall on a Friday. Coincidence?

I always thought that maybe something would happen on that date, but I was thinking more along the lines of a shift in society. That we would all have to learn how to get along and live in peace, so as not to kill each other off.

But what if the poles do shift, and there are earthquakes and all sorts of natural disasters?

I am not afraid to die. However, I am afraid of dying without fully living. I want to experience what it's like to get married, to have children, grandchildren even, I want to travel the world more and meet new people, see some amazing things. I am not ready to die, not now. But if it happens, then so be it. I'm more terrified of the fact that if something did happen, in the off chance that I was still alive after it all, I'd be thousands of miles away from my family (if they were still alive!) and the place that I'm most comfortable in. In the event of some soft of apocalypse, I'd be able to survive in Canada, I don't think I'd be able to survive in Pakistan. I don't speak the language, I don't know the area, I wouldn't be able to make my way home for years and years and years, if ever, because I'm sure all the planes, boats, and everything needed to build them would be gone, and I'd have no way of contacting my family. This is my biggest fear. And I've not told anyone, until now...

No comments:

Post a Comment