Tuesday, 23 October 2012

Our Engagement

After going through my blog and making some edits, I realized that I never did post about our engagement. Strange! I thought I had. Oh well, here it is, better late than never.


Roderick and I woke up early and hit the road for Cape Cod/Chatham, MA. The lady we stayed with, Maria, had recommended it. It was a tiny little vacation town, full of rich people who spend their summers there in lavish beach homes. The town was gorgeous and we found a fairly empty beach, away from all the tourists. We walked down towards the water and as it was incredibly hot out (it must've been at least 100 degrees Fahrenheit the days we were in Boston - way too hot for me!) the water was calling my name. I had stupidly forgotten my bathing suit so we decided to go into town and find one, have lunch and go for a swim.
Being a rich town, all the bathing suits were like $100, but I did manage to find a bikini bottom for relatively cheap and Rod bought some swim trunks.

We then went to lunch at the Squire. A delicious restaurant with great service and license plates all over the walls. I got the Santa Fe melt and Rod ordered chicken parm. We each had a beer, then walked back to the beach where we did a bit of swimming. Well, he swam, I waded. It was really cold and I didn't want to get my bra wet, as I didn't know if the salt water would ruin it. There was a small channel with a sandbar across the way, so the water was really calm and full of SEALS! I was amazed. I've never seen any marine animal in the wild before, except for manatees and crocs in Florida. But I've never seen seals, whales or dolphins so it was a pretty incredible experience for me. 


Anyway, we were in the water and Rod was kneeling because it was shallow, and his head was on my stomach and he was holding me. Then, he told me that he loved me and wanted to spend the rest of his life with me, and told me that I'd make him the happiest man if I'd marry him! He then picked me up and carried me onto the sand, grabbed a small black bag out of his shirt pocket and pulled out a gorgeous ring, which then proceeded to drop into the sand as I laughed hysterically due to my nerves (yeah I'm the type of person who'd laugh at a funeral).

Obviously I said yes!



So we spent a bit more time on the beach, then went for a drive, grabbed some smoothies, drove around looking at houses, then headed back to Boston. We went out to dinner at Ten Tables, which was very tiny, romantic and expensive! Perfect place to celebrate ;)

Afterwards, we decided to go for drinks at a local pub and proceeded to have jägerbombs and several whiskey sours, and beer. Made friends with an older man named Ron who had lots of cool stories to tell, and then left after the bar closed.


It was by far the best day of my life, and I am such a lucky girl <3

2 comments: