Sunday, 14 October 2012

A Shoppers Paradise

It's true, Dubai is a shoppers paradise. Before my departure from Pakistan, everyone told me to "go shopping!" I didn't really think it would be as amazing as they made it out to be, but I was wrong, once again. It's got everything from Louis Vuitton, Fendi, Prada, all the other designers that you can think of, to Lush, Bath and Body Works, The Body Shop, Sephora, to Pull & Bear, Bershka, Oysho, and Women'Secret, and many, many more. So after being in Pakistan for two months, which literally has nothing, this was like being in heaven. And I went nuts!

Unfortunately for me, I overpacked (as usual), so now I really don't know how I'm going to fit all of my new purchases in my already stuffed suitcase. I've asked the others if anyone had any extra room for me, but I haven't heard back yet. Keeping my fingers crossed.

And since I have nothing better to do, I figure I'd show you all what I've purchased :) And remember, you can always click on the photo to make it bigger.

 Grey, Navy and Pink cardigans from Pull & Bear
 Pink Blazer and Black Peacoat also from Pull & Bear

 $6 skirts from Mercado
 4 of the same tops from Bershka. These are so comfy! 

 Seven Dwarfs pajamas from Oysho
 Thumper and Miss Bunny pajamas from Oysho
 Comfy yoga top from Oysho
 Chip and Dale hoody from Oysho
 Bambi undies from Oysho
 Super comfy slippers from Oysho
 Body wash from Bath and Body Works
 Lotions from Bath and Body Works
 THE Cutest magnets from Camel Company
 Another magnet from Camel Company
 A metal tray from some souvenir shop. I figure it would be useful on a table by the front door for keys or something? I also bought a wooden box with camels and "UAE" on the lid but it's wrapped in bubble wrap. 
 My purse was getting pretty heavy and hurting my shoulder so I decided to grab a backpack. They're always handy for traveling anyway. 
 You know you're getting old when you're on vacation in Dubai and buy cushion covers for your couch that's back in Canada and you won't see for another 2 years or more. Haha! 
 Billabong hats (2 for me, 1 for Roderick) from Studio R
 Callaway golf shirt and Fox shirt were both from Mercado, while the Nike workout shirt is from Sun & Sand Sport
 Quiksilver shirts for Rod from Studio R
Reebok workout shirts from Studio R. The little one is for me, obviously! 

Yep, looking at all this stuff, I definitely went a bit overboard! But the best part is? I didn't have to pay a dime, and neither did Rod. Thank you very much! 

3 comments:

  1. Wow ! That's ALOT of stuff ! Lol it all looks very nice though !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! Why don't you have to pay for it though?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had to go there for business, government gives us an allowance and pays for the meals, hotel and flights.

    ReplyDelete