Tuesday, 23 October 2012

Home Sweet Home

I arrived back in Islamabad last Thursday after a 3 week stint in Dubai. While I'm more than grateful that I had the opportunity to visit Dubai (for free - I would have never gone if I had to pay for it), I am definitely happy to be back. I missed my hubby, my house, my bed, and just my normal life here. Whatever that is.

And can I just say that Emirates Business Class is pretty much amazing.


I had a ridiculous amount of leg room, and the seats reclined so much, that I could literally lay flat on my back (granted, I am only 5'3" but still). There was a privacy screen, so that when I was laying down, I couldn't see anyone else. Even when I was sitting up, I couldn't see my neighbour. So that was really nice! Especially since I was sitting next to a stranger. The food was amazing, and there was unlimited alcohol (however, I don't drink before or during flights because I don't want to get all messed up - although this time, I had half a glass of champagne before the flight as the Business Lounge had the expensive stuff, and I'd never tried it before). Not to mention that I am terrified of flying, but because business class is so nice, you're really relaxed, and I did not freak out or panic once. 

Too bad I can't afford to fly business class every time. But even then, some business classes aren't even that good. Like when I moved to the Netherlands, I think I flew Air Canada, and sorry to say, it wasn't that great. 

2 comments:

  1. Heyyyyy....nice to meet you over the internet. It's nice to get home, isn't it, even if "home" isn't quite home!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's nice to meet you too :)
    and going home after a vacation (especially one that you didn't voluntarily choose to go on) is always nice. and while it isn't home home, it's home for the next two years or so!

    ReplyDelete