Saturday, 2 February 2013

Work and South Africa.

I haven't posted in a long time, and while I thought that I probably should, I don't really have anything to say.

Work is going well. I am still enjoying myself, and we've got a new girl who is Danish, though basically an expat because she's lived everywhere BUT Denmark (grew up in Kuwait and Bangladesh and lived in various other places). She does the exact same job as me, so now I have someone to help out. And she's super nice, so that's a bonus.

Growing up, I thought that I wanted to work in an office. Sitting at a desk all day, doing whatever really. But I'm beginning to realize that's not what I want. I really enjoyed working at the airport, that was probably my favourite job so far. I've been pretty lucky though, and have enjoyed most of my jobs. So I think when I get back to Canada, I will apply for airport jobs. Especially now that I have Immigration experience. I could work Border Services, or I could just go back to an airline. But I think that's what I want. Time will tell.

I am off to South Africa in 12 days to see Riki, one of my best friends from when I lived in the Netherlands. I cannot wait. I've never been so excited for a vacation in my life, and believe me, I've been on a lot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment