Monday, 20 August 2012

Saidpur Village

Just another rainy day here in Islamabad. I guess that's to be expected, as it is monsoon season. However, I'm still trying to figure out why it's called monsoon season. It doesn't seem any different from our spring back home. Just normal rainy days, the occasional thunderstorm. Although two years ago there was a massive flood, so maybe that's why?

Anyway, all is well on this side of the world. I know some of my family members heard in the news about an incident that happened a few days ago, some 80km from here, with some crazy militants. But I assure you, I am okay, and safely protected here in the Diplomatic Enclave. So much so that I feel almost as though I am in a zoo, surrounded by walls, bars, constantina wire, security guards, machine guns, and then more walls and wire.

The other weekend we went on a 4 hour tour of Islamabad, even though we didn't get to see the whole thing. But we ended up in a little place called Saidpur Village. It was nestled at the base of the Margalla Hills, on the northern outskirts of Isbad. It was a, dare I say it, cute little village, although obviously very poor. There were some nice restaurants as it is a tourist attraction I suppose, and I hope to go back one day very soon for some good eats.






click on photos to make them bigger ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment