Holy heck! Where has the time gone? I have a private journal which I use on a very regular basis, and I always seem to neglect this one. So sorry for that... I keep saying that I will write more here but then it just slips my mind.
Well, in the past 2 months Rod and I have both turned 27, and we went on a trip to Kenya and Tanzania, which was amazing!
We started in Nairobi, where we ate at a famous restaurant called Carnivore on our first night. Rod really enjoyed that, so I'm glad I discovered it through researching. Then we ventured off into the bush for a 10 day safari through the Masai Mara, Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater, Manyara and Tarangire. There were quite a few hiccups which we are still trying to sort out with the safari company we went with, but other than that, it was a good trip. I got to see my lion, more than 30 of them! But the best thing of all was the elusive leopard. We just so happened to arrive at the right time, as it came climbing down the tree, and crossed the road in front of our vehicle. It was about 4 feet away, and absolutely stunning! Wow. We also got to meet Masai warriors, we went on a canoe ride on Lake Victoria to a small village, I almost walked into a crocodile (wasn't paying attention! oops!), we stumble across an ostrich nest, stole an egg and cooked it for breakfast the next day (I felt terrible and could barely eat it but I guess it's no different than eating any other animal), and we even smuggled it back home with us. So now we have an ostrich egg sitting in our cabinet, and not one that we just bought off the internet. So that's a pretty neat story, I think.
And now I'm just waiting for our next trip to Cambodia and Vietnam in December over Christmas. Everything's all booked, just counting down the days.
Well, in the past 2 months Rod and I have both turned 27, and we went on a trip to Kenya and Tanzania, which was amazing!
We started in Nairobi, where we ate at a famous restaurant called Carnivore on our first night. Rod really enjoyed that, so I'm glad I discovered it through researching. Then we ventured off into the bush for a 10 day safari through the Masai Mara, Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater, Manyara and Tarangire. There were quite a few hiccups which we are still trying to sort out with the safari company we went with, but other than that, it was a good trip. I got to see my lion, more than 30 of them! But the best thing of all was the elusive leopard. We just so happened to arrive at the right time, as it came climbing down the tree, and crossed the road in front of our vehicle. It was about 4 feet away, and absolutely stunning! Wow. We also got to meet Masai warriors, we went on a canoe ride on Lake Victoria to a small village, I almost walked into a crocodile (wasn't paying attention! oops!), we stumble across an ostrich nest, stole an egg and cooked it for breakfast the next day (I felt terrible and could barely eat it but I guess it's no different than eating any other animal), and we even smuggled it back home with us. So now we have an ostrich egg sitting in our cabinet, and not one that we just bought off the internet. So that's a pretty neat story, I think.
And now I'm just waiting for our next trip to Cambodia and Vietnam in December over Christmas. Everything's all booked, just counting down the days.
No comments:
Post a Comment