Thursday, 12 July 2012

We at the hotel, motel, holiday inn.

Actually, we are staying at the Days Inn because it was the cheaper option. Haha. Granted, the military pays for it but we've got to fork the cash over up front so anything to save a couple bucks. Which is why I hope we aren't stuck here for too long, that could get expensive. Not to mention we have a rental car and we've got to eat out everyday since the hotel doesn't have a kitchen. These things are covered as well, but who knows when we'll get reimbursed? (Bonus: We get $70/person per day for food. Who eats $70 worth of food everyday? Though I'm not complaining, that's just cash in the bank.) But what I wouldn't do for a home cooked meal right about now.

So we have been at the hotel since Monday, which is when the move started. And it's gone fairly smoothly, aside from a few hiccups. The shippers packed up some books that I didn't plan on taking with me, but that's not a huge deal. And they forgot to pack my 5lb weights and I didn't realize until after they were gone, and I accidentally had them pack my jean jacket which I meant to take with me in my suitcase. I guess I wasn't thinking there. Oh well, things could've gone a lot worse.

Tomorrow the movers are coming back to pick up all the stuff that is going into storage, the stuff that is coming with us overseas is (hopefully) packed into a sea can and on it's way to the Middle East, the car is in storage, and now we just have to wait for our passports. That is the most annoying part. I have been waiting to leave since March! And the military is always like this, rush rush rush, wait. I am just getting so anxious to get over there and settle in, I have no idea what to expect and the anticipation is killing me.

On the bright side - my sister and brother in law are coming to visit us one last time this Friday, so I guess it's sort of a good thing that our passports haven't come in yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment