After weeks of running around to various appointments and having to take time off of work, it's all over! Well, the appointments that is. And what a pain in the butt they were! Due to the fact that I don't have a family doctor, it was difficult to get the forms signed, and without those signatures, I wouldn't be going anywhere. It was a bit of a nightmare but finally they're all signed off and handed in to the appropriate people. What a relief!
We still have the visa applications to fill out, and some courses to go on, but it's all done for the most part. And then comes the waiting game.
I've just gotten word that our termination letters came in at work, and since we were all just temporary workers for the charter season at the airport, our last day is April 30. That's such a shame because I really enjoyed working there, and I wonder if there's much point in finding another job for just 3 months, when I'll need time off to visit family, get the house organized, etc. The one good thing about this process is that the military pays someone to come in and pack everything for us. I've just got to organize it into two sections, what's going with us, and what's going in storage. And I've also got to create an Excel spreadsheet of all our belongings, and what they're worth, in case things go missing. But I think I could at least find a job for May and June, and then quit early July to focus on getting the house packed up and seeing family. Wish me luck!
I think you should see if you can go back to PetSmart for awhile.
ReplyDeleteI will come up for a couple of weekends and help you get organized.
i didn't leave on the best of terms there, so that's not an option!
Deletethat'd be nice. don't need much help in the organizing department since everything's being left behind and they pay someone to come in and pack for me.. but it would be nice to have you nonetheless!